Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Heard the new Outkast song

According to what I had read somewhere, Outkast had decided that genre-pushing is all well and good, but with their new album, they were going back to basics. Beats and rhymes. Being the hip hop head that I am, I was naturally interested in what that would sound like. Heard the new single,"The Mighty O" on the radio last night and yep, it still sounds like Outkast, only doing a head nodder. I don't know what the kids would call it these days. Dope? Bangin'? Mashin'? Tickin'? Smashin'? Clean? Either way, you should check that shit out. It's instupicuous!

5 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger jen said...

Unfortunately my access to new music is severely limited here, unless I'm into Jpop which I'm not.

You'll have to let me listen to it though....when I come back to Guam Aug. 2-18! Yay! I'm bringing a friend with me too, he's British, so get ready the British jokes!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger wayne said...

You know, you should fully get into Jpop...actually, no, you shouldn't. And British jokes? Pshaw! Try bad British ACCENTS, you know, so I can SPEAK HIS LANGUAGE, and make him feel that he's not so far from home! Actually...no.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger sabete said...

Know what I thought when I read this? "Oh man, Jen is totally bringing 'British Accent Guy' into our midst! Yes!!" Now I can see if that Gamekiller stuff is legit.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger jen said...

haha yes, indeed, bringing british accent guy. Gamekiller?

Make sure you say 'bloody hell' a lot.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger jen said...

It's like almost August already. Am I going to have to take a bus to Osaka, get a train to the airport, and then fly back to Guam to get an update?! FINE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home